Lucky you! We’ve gathered our favorite green and traditional Irish dishes just in time for St. Patrick’s Day. Whether you’re hosting a party or just cooking for the family, celebrate the luck of the Irish with these delicious recipes as you tip your hat to the Emerald Isle.
- Guacamole: Our sweet onions pair well with the creamy texture of the avocado for a mild but tasty dip. Serve them with your favorite chips and you’ll have a green snack in a snap!
- Greek Salad: For a healthy but robust salad, try this beautiful combo that uses romaine lettuce for that vibrant green look. Use our sweet onions for a twist!
- Potato & Broccoli Soup: Are you in the colder states? Reach for this comfort food to warm you up and go green for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Edamame & Broccoli Dip: Vibrant and colorful, this green dip with Vidalia onions, edamame and broccoli is good and good for you!
- Cucumber and Sweet Onion Salad: This cucumber and sweet onion salad is a great way to add green to your meal! The freshness of the cucumbers pairs perfectly with the crisp onions.
- Lucky Spinach Quiche: This breakfast becomes even more festive with the greens in it and made even tastier by our onions! Plus, the four-leaf clover shape can’t be beat!
Traditional Irish Dishes:
- Irish Stew: Perfect for those winter blues, this chunky and traditional stew is good for the soul.
- Shepherds Pie with Caramelized Onions: Fresh simple flavors come together in a stick to your ribs meal all while paying homage to Ireland!
- Dublin Coddle: Comfort in a pot is the best way to describe this dish. Usually this dish was left to simmer in the pot while the household works on other tasks. Amazing for the busy family!
- Corned Beef & Cabbage: You may have to plan ahead for this meal as it takes three hours to make, but the pay off is absolutely worth it! With a myriad of different ingredients and flavors, somehow it still wouldn’t be complete without our savory onions.