Yum! Created by Food Network Chopped winner Chef Shannen Tune from craftburgerfoodtruck.com, this amazing sweet onion jam is the perfect topping for bruschetta, a burger, or on your holiday cheese board. Make sure to cook the sweet onions on low heat to make sure the sugars are fully developed and the full sweetness of the onion comes through.
Chef Tune’s Sweet Onion Jam
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 quart
- 10 beefsteak tomatoes, quartered, seeds removed and julienned
- 5 large sweet onions, julienned
- 10 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 c. sherry vinegar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ½ c. honey
- Sauté onions till soft and brown.
- Add garlic and sherry vinegar and allow to simmer till almost dry.
- Add honey, brown sugar, and tomatoes and cook down until mixture is a chutney or jam consistency.
- Add on top of your favorite burger!