Shrimp scampi gets a makeover in this veggie-based recipe using less butter than the traditional dish. Packed with delicious and healthy vegetables, and prepared in under 30 minutes, this is the perfect weeknight dinner when you want to give your family something special! Recipe and photo courtesy of Produce for Kids.
Garden Shrimp Scampi
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- ½ c. RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, sliced
- ½ c. Broccoli, chopped
- ½ c. Cauliflower, chopped
- ½ c. Carrots, chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. Shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh parsley, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 c. Whole wheat linguini, cooked according to package directions
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, and cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Increase heat to high; add garlic, shrimp and parsley, and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat; add lemon juice and toss with pasta.