Grilled Vidalia® Onion & Pepper Pasta
Published on May 2, 2015 | By Shuman Produce |
- 2 Medium RealSweet® Vidalia® onions
- 2 Red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. Crushed red pepper
- ½ c. Dry white wine
- ½ c. Chicken broth
- ¾ c. Whipping cream
- ½ lb. Dry fettuccine
- ⅓ c. Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Cut onions and peppers lengthwise into quarters and grill or roast until well charred.
- Place peppers in a paper bag until cooled.
- Slice onions and peppers into strips and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté garlic and crushed red pepper until fragrant.
- Stir in wine, chicken broth and cream and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Stir parsley, onions and peppers into sauce and toss with fettuccine.