RealSweet® Onion Soubise
- ½ c. Arborio (Risotto) rice
- 2 Medium RealSweet® onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- ½ Tbsp. Pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Dried oregano
- Fresh Parsley, finely chopped for garnish
- In a large pot combine water and 1½ Tbsp. salt and bring water to a complete and full boil.
- Drop rice in boiling water and boil for five minutes. Drain immediately.
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In an oven safe casserole dish over medium heat, melt butter until it begins to foam.
- Add onions and coat fully in butter. Add rice and remaining ingredients, except parsley.
- Bake covered for 1 hour, stiring ingredients occasionally.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.