Sausage Veggie Cassoulet
Published on May 2, 2015 | By Shuman Produce |
- 8 oz. Turkey kielbasa sausages, sliced ¼-inch thick
- ½ tsp. Olive oil
- 1 Medium RealSweet® onion, peeled and chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 c. Low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Dried thyme
- 1 Bay leaf, dried
- 2 (15 oz.) Cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- In a 5 to 6 quart nonstick pan, over medium-high heat, add ½ tsp. oil.
- When hot, add sausage and turn occasionally to brown on all sides, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- After the sausage is browned, transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, mushrooms and carrots to pan and stir often until onion is limp, about 8 minutes.
- Add broth, thyme, bay leaf, beans, tomatoes and sausage; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.