This savory dish is perfect for summer nights or grilling out. Recipe and photo courtesy of Produce for Kids.
Teriyaki Steak & Veggies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1½ lbs. Flank steak, fat trimmed
- 4 Cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 c. (plus 1 Tbsp.) Reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, sliced
- 2 c. Bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 Tomato, chunked
- Gently insert knife tip into steak numerous times; insert garlic into cuts. Marinate steak in teriyaki sauce 10 minutes.
- Cook steaks on preheated medium-hot grill 3-5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Let sit 5 minutes before slicing.
- Heat butter in large skillet on medium-high heat; add onion and peppers, and cook 2 minutes. Add tomato and 1 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce, and cook 2-3 minutes, or until onions and peppers are tender.