Vidalia® Onion, Lump Blue Crabmeat & Tomato Salad
- ½ c. white wine vinegar
- ¼ c. sugar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 Medium RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Medium vine-ripe red tomato, diced
- 1 Medium vine-ripe yellow tomato, diced
- 12 oz. Fresh blue lump crabmeat, picked over to remove shell fragments
- ¼ c. Olive oil
- 4 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 Basil leaves, julienned
- In a large bowl combine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add onion and cucumber slices to vinegar mixture, toss to coat.
- Add tomatoes, crabmeat, olive oil, scallions and basil. Toss gently and adjust seasoning.