Vidalia® Onion Roll-ups a Lasagna
Published on May 20, 2015 | By Shuman Produce |
- ½ c. Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 c. RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- ½ c. RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, coarsely chopped
- 3½ c. Tomato sauce
- 5 Lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Press the chopped mushrooms between layers of paper towels to remove moisture.
- Sautee the mushrooms and finely chopped onions in butter until tender but not browned. Cool slightly.
- Combine the mushroom and onion mixture with the cream cheese and beat until well blended.
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef and medium chopped onion until the beef has lost its pinkish color.
- Drain off excess grease. Pour the pasta sauce into the skillet and simmer while assembling the noodle roll-ups.
- Spread about two tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture over each noodle. Roll up from the short end.
- Cut each filled noodle in half, making 10 small roll-ups.
- Pour the beef mixture into a 10-inch square, 2-inch deep casserole dish.
- Place the lasagna roll-ups cut-side down into the meat mixture. Sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Place a square of aluminum foil loosely over the top of the casserole to prevent the noodles from drying out during baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Best served while hot.
- Servings : 2
- Ready in : 60 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Dinner