Taco Tuesday has become a true culinary phenomenon, so if #TacoTuesday is your favorite day of the week then we’ve got some ideas to keep your festive meals new and exciting. Let’s face it; tacos are perfect for busy nights when you don’t want to spend a lot of time prepping in the kitchen. These recipes will keep you out of the rut of the mundane and add more flavors to your family’s dinner table.
- Chicken Tacos with Vidalia Onion Pineapple Relish are quick and easy while introducing a unique combination of sweetness.
- Now let’s add some fun to Taco Tuesday…you may want to do an outdoor picnic and have those delicious taco flavors without the messiness that often follows. How about Walking Tacos! This fun idea will have your kids (both big and small) excited.
- Some may avoid Taco Tuesday because of the carbs associated with tortillas and taco shells. This innovative recipe – Crock Pot Carnitas Lettuce Wraps – replaces the carbs by using lettuce wraps and it’s quick and easy thanks to the slow cooker, what could be better?
- Taco Tuesday doesn’t just have to be for tacos. We’ve got a delicious RealSweet® Shrimp Quesadilla that will bring a punch of flavor. Serve them up with our Not Your Mama’s Mango Salsa for added freshness and color.
- We love a good sheet pan dinner – easy to make and especially easy to clean up. Try One Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas for those nights you just don’t want to slave over the kitchen sink + by adding the ever versatile Vidalia onion the flavor will be amplified. If shrimp isn’t your thing, substitute chicken or fish.
- Let’s face it; the only downfall to Taco Tuesday is the mess that is left on your little one’s shirt after the meal or their struggle to hold that juicy taco. Guess what, we’ve got a solution. These cute Muffin Tin Tacos are easy to hold and won’t require a night of laundry! Be sure to add RealSweet® Vidalia® onions to each one.
- We like to find those out-of-the-box gems that are sure to become recipes you don’t know how you ever lived without and this one happens to be a meatless option. Experiment with these Caramelized Pineapple Quesadillas with Spicy Strawberry Salsa and let us know what you think.
- If you are looking to carry those Taco Tuesday flavors throughout the week, try this prep-ahead twist on Mexican flavors. Chicken Fajita Lunch Bowls pack a ton of veggies and you can easily substitute our RealSweet® Vidalias® into this colorful dish.
- We love chili and cook it any time of year. RealSweet® Taco Soup and Mexican Chili in a Tostada Bowl both combine the depth of chili flavor with a Mexican twist you will try again and again.
- Let’s wrap us these new recipe ideas with a Roasted Veggie, Black Bean and Quinoa Burrito. This healthy vegan burrito is packed with veggie flavor, including our favorite – RealSweet® Vidalia® onions!
We hope you enjoy these fun new ideas for Taco Tuesday or other nights your family craves those classic Mexican flavors. We invite you to visit our Hispanic Flavors pin board for more ideas.